10 Tips for a Whiter Smile
A whiter smile is one of the most simple and coveted cosmetic improvements in Beverly Hills. While every tooth is subject to discoloration over time, there are many tips and tricks to prevent your teeth from yellowing. The most efficient way to whiter teeth involves visiting your cosmetic dentist for bi-annual cleanings and whitening treatments.
10 Tips to Whiten Your Smile:
- Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash before brushing to remove any particles. It is best to steer clear of colored mouthwash that contains cetylpyridinium chloride as it may actually discolor your teeth.
- Use a whitening toothpaste that does not contain abrasive particles. These particles wear down your enamel which in turn makes your teeth appear more yellow. It’s best to opt for a toothpaste that is designed for sensitive teeth or contains enamel protection as they are less abrasive.
- Use an oscillating electric toothbrush. These types of rotating toothbrushes are more efficient with plaque and stain removal, and are proven to prevent gingivitis for a whiter smile.
- Floss daily to avoid unruly stains between teeth.
- Avoid coffee, red wine, and tobacco products. These substances are notorious for staining teeth. If you cannot completely eliminate them from your life, be sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after consumption to reduce your chances of staining your teeth.
- Eat more crisp fruits and vegetables. Crunchy fruits and vegetables help prevent plaque build up and act as a natural exfoliant for your teeth.
- Consume foods that are high in calcium. Calcium builds tooth enamel which in turn makes teeth appear brighter and whiter.
- Replace old fillings. Fillings are not permanent and oftentimes need to be replaced. Replacing old fillings helps prevent tooth decay and allows for color correction.
- Have routine dental cleanings. It is suggested that you visit your dentist every 6 months for a thorough cleaning. A dental professional can provide you with a cleaner smile and help to keep staining plaque and tartar away.
- Have your teeth whitened. This simple and non-invasive procedure changes the color of your natural tooth enamel for a whiter smile.
Schedule an appointment with Dr Rifkin & Raanan today to replace old fillings, or have your teeth cleaned and whitened for a whiter smile.